Tampa Bay Diversity Business Expo: 3 June, HCC Dale Mabry
CPS (Competency & Performance Solutions) is working with the Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, Tampa General Hospital, and the CDC of Tampa. This free Expo is to grow hospital, and other business contracts and spending with local W/MBE businesses.
Registration online for participants & exhibitors. (Free event)
- Date: Wednesday: 3 June, 2015.
- Time: Sign-in or On-site Registration 8.30. Hard start: 9.00 am. Close: 3.00p.m.
- Eventbrite signup site: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tampa-bay-diversity-business-expo-tickets-16289576562 (Free)
- Map of Venue (HCC): https://www.hccfl.edu/media/1067830/dm_buildings_12-2-14.pdf (DGYM is main exhibit hall. Classes in DSTU.)
Sponsors and W/MBE vendors providing services at the Expo:
- Breakfast Sponsor: Austin Commercial
- Lunch Sponsor 1: Skanska USA Building 2: The Beck Group
- Tea and Coffee Sponsor: Brisk Coffee, a local Tampa WBE
- Sign Sponsor: Color Pages, a local W/SBE & DBE
- Program Sponsor: MLI a local MBE
- Banner Sponsor: Barton Malow
- Water Sponsor: SS Toyotalift
What kinds of organizations will be there – with opportunities for YOU? Some confirmed….
- Tampa General Hospital, The VA, Moffitt Cancer Center, Orlando Health, Florida Hospital
- Hillsborough Community College, USF, Competency & Performance Solutions, Florida Polytechnic, St. Leo University.
- Skanska USA, Austin Commercial, Beck Group, Turner Construction, Hamilton Engineering, DM Constructors, P.A. Wallace-V.H. Jr. Joint Venture (Vallard Houson), Owens & Minor, Ariel Business Group, Inc. Barton Malow Company. Whiting Turner. Kimmins.
- Grainger Industrial Supply, Novation (GPO), US Foods, Guignard
- CDC of Tampa, City of St Pete Greenhouse, NAACP Hillsborough, Florida Diversity Council,HBIF, SBA, Black Business Investment Corp. cnFMSDC, SFMSDC , CAC, SBDC at USF, SCORE, Computer Mentors, Black MBA. Hillsborough County Public Library (grants dept), Florida Diversity Council.
- Florida Dept of Transport, HART, Tampa International Airport.
- Brisk Coffee, Color Pages, MLI Printing, Above the Sill.
- Hillsborough County, City of St. Petersburg, Tampa Housing Authority, Hillsborough County Public Schools. City of Tampa, Polk County, TECO
- HQ USSOCOM Office of Small Business Military /Navy. SOCOM.
Curriculum of classes at present:
|Time||Classroom 1 (DSTU – see signs)||Classroom 2 (DSTU – see signs)|
|9.30 a.m.||Working with Florida Department of Transportation. (1 hour.) Tom Quinn. FDOT.||Health Care Construction. (75 minutes.) Working in a hospital environment, Infection Control Risk, dust control, negative air flow, barriers, vibration, etc. The Beck Group and Skanska USA.|
|11.00 am||Business Acumen. (1 hour.) Succeeding in business through networking, relationships, and other soft skills of business. Glynis Ross-Munro. Competency & Performance Solutions.||Selling to Healthcare.(1 hour.) Pricing, value analysis, competitiveness, profitability, margins, contracts and distribution tiers. Felix Bratslavsky. Tampa General Hospital.|
|12.15 p.m.||GPOs or Group Purchasing Organizations. (1 hour.) Find your way through the GPO system. Novation & Mark Cartwright.
||Writing Winning Bids. (75 minutes.) How to source, prepare and write a winning RFPs. Chaz Brueggemann. Hamilton Engineering.|
|1.45 p.m.||Building Capacity with help from successful W/MBEs. (75 minutes.) Bring your business questions. Moderator Daniel Scott. Panel: Pilar Bernd and other successful CEOs.||Presenting Winning Bids. (75 minutes.) Your RFP makes the cut. Present your bid and win the contract. with Senior Purchasing Managers. Sponsor Austin Commercial.|
|All day 9.15 am – 3.00 p.m.||Meet many of the largest buyers in the region, in the HCC Gym (DGYM on map – follow signs). See website for who will be there.
Dear W/MBEs and Hillsborough SBEsTampa Bay is buzzing with activity, and our region needs W/MBE businesses to thrive with the rest of our community.
Veterans and people with disabilities are essential to our economy too. Tampa General Hospital is reviewing and enlarging their database of local W/MBE companies. They are also working with other hospitals and organizations in areas like construction, transportation, finance, education etc to help small businesses to build capacity.
This includes helping W/MBEs to learn the specialist skills they need to work with the hospital and healthcare industry, and to know how to obtain contracts of all sizes.
Requests Please save the date for Wednesday, 3 June 2015. This will be a day of training, networking and capacity building at HCC Dale Mabry. It is free, thanks to the Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, and HCC, and the hard work we have put into it with Tampa General Hospital.
- Please add the email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, so that we can keep in communication with you.
- Please encourage W/MBE companies to download the TGH W/MBE registration form at https://www.tgh.org/tampa-general-hospital-qualified-suppliers/. Please email it to email@example.com or fax it to 813.482.0010.
- Even if you are not yet a good match for a big hospital, please send us your details. Come to the Expo if you are a W/MBE, DBE etc in the Tampa Bay Area. Meet the companies, attend the training (they won’t be boring events where people read you slides). Network with other small businesses and evaluate your strengths and weaknesses. Find partnering companies and see how many opportunities there are in Tampa Bay.
CPS is honored to work with the Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, and Tampa General Hospital, and caring people like HCC, as we support W/MBE businesses and economic prosperity.Sincerely,Glynis Ross-Munro
Competency & Performance Solutions, a W/MBE Business
Vice President: AIBCouncil.com (.org soon)